Agency: Brazos Valley Museum of Natural History
- Agency Name:
- Brazos Valley Museum of Natural History
- The Museum is the only natural history museum in a 100 mile radius. It is served the Brazos Valley and the State of Texas for over 50 years. It has over 25,000 natural history specimens, exhibits on Texas history, Ice Age mammals, dinosaur fossils, geologic specimens, taxidermy specimens, live animals, an observational bee hive, a library, and a store offering unique and artistic items. The Museum offers exhibits, educational programs and classes for adults and children, birthday parties, field trips, outreach, and events such as its Boonville Days Living History Fair, Buffalo Stampede Half Marathon and 5 K Race, and Chuck Wagon Cook-off.
The Museum is a private 501 c3 and raises its entire operating budget every year through grants, fundraisers, and programs.
- Mission Statement:
- The Museum's current mission is to preserve and protect natural and cultural history, to stimulate its understanding, to encourage responsible stewardship of all natural and cultural resources, and to promote science education. It accomplishes this through: 1) the preservation of artifacts and natural specimens; 2) the presentation of exhibits and educational programming; and 3) cooperative partnerships with arts and cultural organizations, community oriented entities, and academic institutions throughout the Brazos Valley.
- Issues Addressed by Agency:
- Animals (Domestic)
- Arts / Culture
- Children / Youth
- Civic / Community
- Education / Literacy
- Environment (incl. Wildlife)
- Sports / Recreation
- Parking Available at Agency:
- Accessible to People with Disabilities:
- Hours of Operation:
- Tuesday - Saturday 10am - 5 pm ; other times by appointment.
Agency-Wide Contact Information
- Address 1:
- Brazos Valley Museum of Natural HIstory
- Address 2:
- 3232 Briarcrest Drive
- Zip Code:
- Phone Number:
- Fax Number:
- Web Address:
- E-mail Address:
Map to Location
- Buffalo Stampede Half-Marathon and 5K Race, October 4, 2014
- Boonville Days, Living History Fair, October 4, 2014
- Chuck Wagon Cook-Off, October 3-4, 2014