Agency: Brazos Valley Food Bank
- Agency Name:
- Brazos Valley Food Bank
- A central distribution site in the Brazos Valley that unites food donors, volunteers and hunger-relief agencies, the Brazos Valley Food Bank reclaims, then distributes surplus food to local partners - nonprofit organizations and church sponsored pantries - that, in turn, bring nourishment and hope to our neighbors in need.
The Brazos Valley Food Bank has been the "hub" of an anti-hunger relief network of over 40 different agencies that feed the hungry throughout the Brazos, Burleson, Grimes, Madison, Robertson and Washington Counties. In 1985, we distributed 50,000 pounds of food. We project this year's distribution to top 6 million pounds.
- Mission Statement:
- "The Food Bank strives to alleviate hunger in the Brazos Valley by distributing food and educational resources to our neighbors in need through a network of hunger relief partners"
- Issues Addressed by Agency:
- Children / Youth
- Crisis / Emergency
- Senior Citizens
- Parking Available at Agency:
- Accessible to People with Disabilities:
- Hours of Operation:
- Office Hours: M-F 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Volunteering Hours T-F 9:00 am 12:00 pm & 12:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Saturday 8:00 am - 12:00 pm (Groups Only)
Agency-Wide Contact Information
- Address 1:
- 1514 Shiloh Ave.
- Zip Code:
- Phone Number:
- Fax Number:
- Web Address:
- E-mail Address:
Map to Location