Opportunity: Independent Contractor
- Opportunity Name:
- Independent Contractor
- Summary of Opportunity:
- Mosaic is a provider agency for adults with intellectual disabilities. We have three group homes and a day center where individuals in service with us come during the day for activities, socialization and outings. We also provide a wide variety of services to adults with disabilities in the Brazos county area who live in their own home/apartment or with their families.
We rely on what are called "Independent Contractors" to provide transportation and/or other services in the individual's home such as assisting with activities of daily living or just spending time together in the community. Independent contractors get paid at a rate starting at 9 dollars an hour, but hours are usually as needed and flexible. Because of this, it is almost like a volunteer position with a small reimbursement, making it a great opportunity for a busy college student who wants to give back to the community while making a little extra spending money (Guac is extra, you know!)
- Issues Addressed in Opportunity:
- Special Skills Needed/Preferred for Opportunity:
- Experience with adults with disabilities is helpful but not a requirement. We provide a little bit of training but are looking for people who are comfortable working in this setting.
Reliable, working car
Able to pass a background check
CPR Certified--highly recommended
- Training/Orientation Provided:
- Application/Interview Process:
- Parking Available On-Site:
- Location Accessible to People with Disabilities: