Opportunity: Brazos Valley Senior Games - Event Operations
- Opportunity Name:
- Brazos Valley Senior Games - Event Operations
- Summary of Opportunity:
- The City of College Station is hosting the 2017 Senior Games Feb. 24-26. The Senior Games promote physical and mental health and fitness among Texas Senior Citizens by encouraging them to maintain healthy lifestyles and social relationships, to participate in sports and recreational activities with other seniors, and to provide an environment for athletic competition.
Ages 50+ will compete in track and field, swimming, basketball, cycling, golf, 5k, badminton, bowling, horseshoes, pickleball, disc golf, washers, table tennis, tennis, 3-on-3 basketball, cornhole, and basketball skills. Gold, silver and bronze medals will be awarded in each event and age group.
Help us make this another successful year for the Brazos Valley Senior Games by assisting us with operations for the events. All volunteers will receive a free shirt & meal!
For more information go to cstx.gov/seniorgames or call 979.764.3486. You can also email the Senior Games Volunteer Coordinator - Gabby Salazar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer Sign Up Link -> http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0548afac2aa6fe3-2017
- Issues Addressed in Opportunity:
- Civic / Community
- Senior Citizens
- Sports / Recreation
- Training/Orientation Provided:
- Parking Available On-Site:
- Location Accessible to People with Disabilities: