Agency: Learning Interactive Visualization Experience Lab
- Agency Name:
- Learning Interactive Visualization Experience Lab
- Every year the LIVE Lab hosts a 48 hour long Game Jam over a weekend on campus. Participants from across Texas and the US are invited to attend and collaborate with one another to share experiences in a creative and fun environment. The Game Jam aims to develop communication between different disciplines including but not limited to: design, development, art, and sound. Our ultimate goal is to host the country's largest Game Jam under one roof.
All kinds of backgrounds are encouraged to participant in the event, many disciplines are needed in making a successful game from sound, art, design, writing, and development.
- Mission Statement:
- All across the globe efforts are underway to incorporate game technology and methodologies into the classroom experience and within educational research. To help answer this charge the Learning Interactive Visualization Experience Lab (LIVE Lab) was created as part of the Department of Visualization.
It is the LIVE lab's mission to collaborate with other departments, colleges and universities to create an environment that fosters the researches and development of educational experiences for the use in the classroom from K - 12, Higher education, Corporate, Government and NGO's.
Through our expertise, research and rigorous scientific process we are able to create groundbreaking world class interactive educational experiences that engage students, help teachers and are developed in collaboration with industry and experts in their respective fields.
- Issues Addressed by Agency:
- Arts / Culture
- Computers / Technology
- Education / Literacy
- Parking Available at Agency:
- Accessible to People with Disabilities:
- Hours of Operation:
- Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
Agency-Wide Contact Information
- Address 1:
- 3137 TAMU Langford A -107B
- College Station
- Zip Code:
- Web Address:
- E-mail Address:
Map to Location