Agency: Road Rascals Special Olympics Cycling Team
- Agency Name:
- Road Rascals Special Olympics Cycling Team
- Special Olympics cycling team. We ride between February 1 and May 4 each spring semester on Saturday mornings from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. and Wednesday evenings starting after Spring Break between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. We also compete in three cycling meets throughout the spring. Athletes age 8 and up on two wheels or adults trikes, but we also teach young people how to transition from training wheels to trikes or bikes. We need volunteers who LOVE to RIDE BIKES. We also need a few volunteers who are willing to walk quickly or run alongside or behind our slower athletes who may need either motivation or assistance with balance. If you plan to ride with us, you must have a bike and wear a helmet, and you must be able to transport your own bike. We will train you. We love our Aggie volunteers and the more we have the safer our athletes! Please call me if you have questions!
- Mission Statement:
- The mission of Special Olympics is to provide year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes and the community.
The mission of our cycling team is to do all of the above within the sport of cycling.
- Issues Addressed by Agency:
- Parking Available at Agency:
- Accessible to People with Disabilities:
- Hours of Operation:
- Beginning Feb. 1 on Saturday mornings between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. and Wednesday evenings between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. until May 4, 2020. You are not expected to attend every single ride / practice but invite you to attend as many as possible!
Agency-Wide Contact Information
- Address 1:
- 204 Emberglow Circle
- College Station
- Zip Code:
- Phone Number:
- Web Address:
- E-mail Address:
Map to Location