Agency: Easter Seals Greater Houston
- Agency Name:
- Easter Seals Greater Houston
- Easter Seals Greater Houston provides services to individuals with disabilities and their families throughout the greater Houston area. Easter Seals offers a number of camps throughout the summer and school year for children and young adults with disabilities. Our two summer camps are currently looking for awesome new volunteers!
Camp Smiles is a week-long overnight camp for children ages 6-14 with cerebral palsy. Our volunteers get to work one on one with a camper and act as their caregiver for the week! Each day, our campers participate in AWESOME activities such as archery, canoeing, horseback riding, and even zip-lining! Our dates for this upcoming summer are June 30th-July 6th. Our camp is hosted by Camp For All, an adapted facility in Burton, Texas.
Camp Buckaroo is a week-long day camp for children ages 6-14 with disabilities and their siblings. Volunteers work one on one with a camper and act as their buddy for the week. Each day has a different theme like "Out in the Wild" or "A day at the beach!" We have fun activities like arts & crafts, group games, and even special guests and shows! We host 5 different sessions of Buckaroo throughout the Houston area, so volunteers can pick the date and location that best fits their schedule.
- Mission Statement:
- Nationally, Easter Seals is the leading non-profit provider of services for individuals with autism, developmental disabilities, physical disabilities, other special needs, and disabled veterans. For about 70 years, Easter Seals Greater Houston has been offering help, hope and answers to people of all ages with disabilities and their families. Through therapy, training, education and support services, Easter Seals creates life-changing solutions so that people with disabilities can live, learn, work and play in our community.
- Issues Addressed by Agency:
- Children / Youth
- Sports / Recreation
- Parking Available at Agency:
- Accessible to People with Disabilities:
- Hours of Operation:
- We have year round volunteer opportunities! Office hours are M-F 9a.m.-5p.m.
Agency-Wide Contact Information
- Address 1:
- 4888 Loop Central Drive, Suite 200
- Zip Code:
- Phone Number:
- Fax Number:
- Web Address:
- E-mail Address:
Map to Location