Opportunity: Business Plan Advisor
- Opportunity Name:
- Business Plan Advisor
- Summary of Opportunity:
- As a Business Plan Advisor, your job is to help the participant produce a grammatically correct and conceptually sound business plan. We aren't just doing a feel good exercise where the men create business plans that are "good for an inmate." Our participants already have an X on their backs when released so they need to meet an even higher standard. Their business plans should rival those written by MBA students, and we hope you will provide great feedback and guidance to help them reach that high standard.
The role of an Advisor is an extremely rewarding position. You not only help participants learn and improve skills that equip them for future success, you also receive a sense of fulfillment and purpose through the program. Previous Advisors found that their role exceeded their initial expectations and they got out what they put into the program.
For more information visit www.prisonentrepreneurship.org/advisors/about.aspx
- Issues Addressed in Opportunity:
- Civic / Community
- Education / Literacy
- Human / Civil Rights
- Substance Abuse
- Special Skills Needed/Preferred for Opportunity:
- Business education is preferred --- a business major is not necessary. An interest and basic knowledge in entrepreneurship, marketing, market research, selling, accounting are necessary. Computer literacy is a must. This is an email relationship. Inmates do not have access to the Internet so we rely on BPA's to perform current market research. Basically your role is a business plan editor.
- Training/Orientation Provided:
- Parking Available On-Site:
- Location Accessible to People with Disabilities: