Opportunity: 2-1-1 Texas Outreach Intern
- Opportunity Name:
- 2-1-1 Texas Outreach Intern
- Summary of Opportunity:
- Manage and generate 2-1-1 Texas online content to engage the community across web and social media platforms
Attend some Community Outreach events with the Resource and Project Coordinator and/or VP Community Impact
The intern will identify agencies, organizations, and events that may be appropriate for 2-1-1 Texas and implement a promotion plan for these entities.
Answer and route incoming calls for the United Way of the Brazos Valley.
Develop a summary document of what they have learned and completed during their semester internship.
Work with the Resource and Project Coordinator to develop an outreach plan for updating our 2-1-1 referral database and networking to improve the footprint of 2-1-1 in the community.
Coordinate outreach efforts with the Resource and Project Coordinator.
Implement a distribution plan for the 2-1-1 Texas Outreach bags to the Brazos Valley.
Continue current outreach efforts of 2-1-1 Texas to the Brazos Valley with 2-1-1 staff and the Resource and Project Coordinator.
* * * Applications will be accepted from all current undergraduates and graduate students. International students are also welcome to apply! Please complete the Application Form found on our website, https://forms.gle/zhbduESJ4ZtuSf4p9, and submit your Resume, Application, and Cover Letter by email to Mickal at email@example.com, or drop it off in person at: 1716 Briarcrest Dr, Suite 155 (Aldi's side) in Bryan.
- Issues Addressed in Opportunity:
- Children / Youth
- Crisis / Emergency
- Disaster Relief
- Education / Literacy
- Homeless / Housing
- Substance Abuse
- Special Skills Needed/Preferred for Opportunity:
- - University or College student enrolled in coursework supporting a communications, marketing, sociology/social services, or other applicable degree.
- Active volunteer in one or more organizations in the Brazos Valley.
- Knowledge of general computer programs (Outlook, Microsoft programs), website management and social media platforms.
- Training/Orientation Provided:
- Application/Interview Process:
- Parking Available On-Site: