Opportunity: Volunteer Brazos Valley Intern
- Opportunity Name:
- Volunteer Brazos Valley Intern
- Summary of Opportunity:
- The UWBV Volunteer Brazos Valley Intern will be accountable for effectively completing the following activities:
Serving under the supervision and guidance of the Vice President Community Impact, implement a plan to increase awareness and use of the Volunteer Brazos Valley (VBV) website.
- Manage online content of volunteer.uwbv.org.
- Engage with Agencies to identify volunteer opportunities to include in VBV, assist in ensuring opportunities are posted and maintained adequately.
- Promote VBV to the general population; assist the Vice President of Community Impact in developing a promotions plan for implementation; implement as appropriate.
Develop Volunteer Brazos Valley program within United Way of the Brazos Valley:
- Working with Management team members to identify volunteer opportunities and job descriptions using a standardized format.
- Post and manage volunteer opportunities on VBV website.
- Develop standard applications, screening criteria, interview materials, basic UWBV overview training materials and evaluation materials.
- Ensure the mission of United Way is well represented in all aspects of work.
- Issues Addressed in Opportunity:
- Special Skills Needed/Preferred for Opportunity:
- - University or College student enrolled in coursework supporting a communications, marketing, sociology/social services, or other applicable degree.
- Active volunteer in one or more organizations in the Brazos Valley.
- Knowledge of general computer programs (Outlook, Microsoft programs), website management and social media platforms.
- Training/Orientation Provided:
- Application/Interview Process:
- Parking Available On-Site:
- Location Accessible to People with Disabilities: