Opportunity: Communications and Marketing Intern
- Opportunity Name:
- Communications and Marketing Intern
- Summary of Opportunity:
- The United Way of Brazos Valley (UWBV) Communications and Marketing Intern will serve under the supervision and guidance of the President/CEO and Campaign Manager, implementing communications strategies through marketing efforts that will make the Brazos Valley community aware of the UWBV's vision, mission and message.
- Manage and generate online content to engage the community across web and social media platforms.
- Manage the development and distribution of newsletters and electronic communications.
- Actively engage news outlets across the Brazos Valley to encourage positive attention to the UWBV.
- Assist in the management and coordination of all Marketing Committee planning, agenda preparation, volunteer satisfaction, meeting documentation and follow up.
- Assist UWBV Staff and Volunteers in the planning of Community Events promoting United Way efforts.
- Ensure that United Way's commitment to diversity is represented, as appropriate, in all communications and that all publications are provided in accessible formats.
- Research methods to appropriately reach college students which create opportunities for them to Give, Advocate or Volunteer with UWBV.
- Provide consultation to UWBV staff on effective methods identified through research activities.
- Develop initial plans for future implementation by student intern groups.
- Develop training criteria and materials for future Communications Internship Program to ensure effective transitions.
- Issues Addressed in Opportunity:
- Special Skills Needed/Preferred for Opportunity:
- - Students enrolled in coursework supporting a communications or marketing degree.
- Active volunteer in one or more organizations in the Brazos Valley.
- Knowledge of general computer programs (Outlook, Microsoft programs), website management and social media platforms.
- Training/Orientation Provided:
- Application/Interview Process:
- Parking Available On-Site:
- Location Accessible to People with Disabilities: