Opportunity: Community Impact Intern
- Opportunity Name:
- Community Impact Intern
- Summary of Opportunity:
- The UWBV Community Impact Intern will be accountable for effectively completing the following activities:
Train on grant software to research potential grants and become familiar with previous grant applications submitted by UWBV. Compile a list of potential grants to present to VP Community Impact. Develop a plan for grant applications and begin draft applications for selected grants.
Aggregate data for the Community Impact Study by referencing current social determinants of health sites and compiling relevant information. Work directly with the Vice President of Community Impact to complete and distribute surveys to the public and various organizations, organize and participate in listening tours in each of the seven counties we serve and compile results of all activities. Develop materials to report the information to the board of directors.
Assist CEO / VP Community Impact with event related tasks as they arise including compiling lists of attendees, researching donors & data, making phone calls to set appointments, assembling packets of information and other duties as assigned.
Train on the Baby Bundle process and reach out to hospitals to check on supplies and assist in the ordering of materials needed for the next volunteer opportunity to compile bundles. Intern will assist VP Community Impact in coordinating a day / time each month for volunteers to assemble bundles and coordinate hospital drop offs.
Intern to work with VP Community Impact to develop an outreach plan for updating our 2-1-1 referral database and networking to improve the footprint of 2-1-1 in the community.
Attend some Community Outreach events with VP Community Impact and/or Community Outreach Coordinator.
Assist with Resource & Project Coordinator on projects as needed.
Develop a summary document of what they have learned and completed during their semester internship.
* * * Applications will be accepted from all current undergraduates and graduate students. International students are also welcome to apply! Please complete the Application Form found on our website, https://forms.gle/zhbduESJ4ZtuSf4p9, and submit your Resume, Application, and Cover Letter by email to Mickal at firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop it off in person at: 1716 Briarcrest Dr, Suite 155 (Aldi's side) in Bryan.
- Issues Addressed in Opportunity:
- Civic / Community
- Education / Literacy
- Special Skills Needed/Preferred for Opportunity:
- - Student enrolled in coursework supporting a public health, sociology, social service, or other applicable masters degree.
- Knowledge of general computer programs (Outlook, Microsoft programs).
- Training/Orientation Provided:
- Application/Interview Process:
- Parking Available On-Site: