Agency: Achievers by Choice, Inc.
- Agency Name:
- Achievers by Choice, Inc.
- Achievers by Choice ("ABC") was founded August 2011 and acquired 501(c)3 tax exempt status from the Internal Revenue Service in February 2012. The organization was founded for the purpose of advancing the social and academic skills of youth in grades 1-12 and adults to age 25 to close the access-to-education gap between members of minority groups and the majority population. In addition to programmatic support, ABC provides scholarships to program participants who enroll in a post-secondary education program.
- Mission Statement:
- The mission of Achievers by Choice ("ABC") is to equip individuals from underserved populations with the social and academic skills and the knowledge to graduate from high school and acquire a post-secondary degree. The organization provides a supportive educational environment of high expectations to encourage individuals to set and achieve personal and educational goals.
- Issues Addressed by Agency:
- Children / Youth
- Education / Literacy
- Parking Available at Agency:
- Accessible to People with Disabilities:
- Hours of Operation:
- During and after school hours in Bryan K-8 school.
Virtual Administrative Opportunities available anytiime
SPECIAL PILOT PROGRAM: 40-HOUR LITERACY PROGRAM
Do you know Aggies or someone you know interested in helping young students improve their reading skills? We need volunteers for a pilot literacy program funded in part by the Dollar General Literacy Foundation. Become part of this emerging program by completing the form at the link below and sharing it with others who may be interested.
We encourage group participation--high school students, college students, or community organizations.
Agency-Wide Contact Information
- Address 1:
- c/o Dr. Ruby Stevens-Morgan
- Address 2:
- P. O. Box 983
- Zip Code:
- Phone Number:
- Web Address:
- E-mail Address:
Map to Location
- Tutoring Program - During and After School (Bryan K-8 School)
- 40-Hour Literacy Program - Bryan