Agency: National Alliance on Mental Illness - Brazos Valley (NAMI-BV)
- Agency Name:
- National Alliance on Mental Illness - Brazos Valley (NAMI-BV)
- NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, is the nation's largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness.
We educate. Offered in thousands of communities across America through our NAMI State Organizations and NAMI Affiliates, our education programs ensure hundreds of thousands of families, individuals and educators get the support and information they need.
We advocate. NAMI shapes the national public policy landscape for people with mental illness and their families and provides grassroots volunteer leaders with the tools, resources and skills necessary to save mental health in all states. We listen. Our toll-free NAMI HelpLine allows us to respond personally to hundreds of thousands of requests each year, providing free referral, information and support--a much-needed lifeline for many.
We lead. Public awareness events and activities, including Mental Illness Awareness Week (MIAW), NAMIWalks and other efforts, successfully combat stigma and encourage understanding. NAMI works with reporters on a daily basis to make sure our country understands how important mental health is.
- Mission Statement:
- NAMI-BV is dedicated to improving the quality of life for people with mental illness and their families through support, education, and advocacy.
- Issues Addressed by Agency:
- Children / Youth
- Civic / Community
- Health / Medicine
- Human / Civil Rights
- Substance Abuse
- Women's Issues
- Parking Available at Agency:
- Accessible to People with Disabilities:
- Hours of Operation:
Agency-Wide Contact Information
- Address 1:
- 3705 S. College Avenue
- Zip Code:
- Phone Number:
- Web Address:
- E-mail Address:
Map to Location