Opportunity: NAMIWalks 5k
- Opportunity Name:
- NAMIWalks 5k
- Summary of Opportunity:
- Mental illness affects everyone. Now more than ever, our communities need education about mental illness treatment and recovery. On Saturday, October 5th, 2019 thousands of advocates will come together to raise awareness of mental illness at the annual NAMIWalks Brazos Valley.
NAMI Brazos Valley presents the NAMIWalks 5K this year to raise awareness of mental illness, to raise funds for its programs in the community and, most of all, to celebrate recovery. Volunteers are needed to assist with setup, flaggers throughout the course, kids zone, cleanup, and more! Individuals and groups are always needed to help make an event a success!
WHO: Thousands of community members affected by mental illness
WHERE: Texas A&M RELLIS Campus
WHEN: October 5th, 2019 at 9:00am
NAMIWalks-Brazos Valley is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of individuals and families affected by mental illness. For more information, contact the NAMI office at 979.774.4713 or visit www.namiwalks.org/brazosvalley.
- Issues Addressed in Opportunity:
- Civic / Community
- Health / Medicine
- Human / Civil Rights
- Substance Abuse
- Women's Issues
- Start Date/Time:
- October 5, 2019 7:00am
- End Date/Time:
- October 5, 2019 12:00pm
- Special Skills Needed/Preferred for Opportunity:
- Parking Available On-Site:
- Location Accessible to People with Disabilities: